Heinrichswalde (Uniechow), Kreis Schlochau, West Prussia
Heinrickswalde was a major Lutheran Parish in southwest Kries Schlochau. The church here dates back to 1366. In 1653 there was a wooden church with a thatched roof. The Church of St Bartholomew below was built of brick in 1894-1895 and incorporates the wooden belfry from the earlier church. The churchbooks here show a Remus presence but we are unable to gain access to them in the rectory. Here are pictures of the church:
Click here to go to other West Prussia Villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
January 29, 2007