Pyritz, Kreis Pyritz, Pommern
Pyritz is the most important town in Kreis Pyritz. It is a very old walled town. This town was created by the Dukes of Brandenburg in 13th century. The town walls date to the 13th century. The pictures show the two main gates to the town. Also we have views of the central market place and town hall.
It had 13th century church which was initially Catholic, became Lutheran after 1534, and returned to being a Catholic church following the Second World War. Here are some pictures of the church:
Here is a map of today's town:
This town was administrative center for the Kries (county) Pyritz. There were no Remus families in this town between 1820 to 1850 but there were many in the countryside.
Click here to go to other villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
August 11, 2010