Pinczyn, Kreis Preuss Stargard, West Prussia
The Pinczyn church book contains some very early Remus family records; Christian and Anna Remus, dating back to at least the 1720's.
1. CHRISTOPH1 REMUS1 was born Bef. 1702. He married (1) MARGARETHA WIFE OF CHRISTOPH REMUS Bef. 1722. She was born Bef. 1704. He married (2) EVA WIFE OF CHRISTOPH REMUS Bef. 1730. She was born Bef. 1708.
Child of CHRISTOPH REMUS and MARGARETHA REMUS is:
i. LORENZ2 REMUS, b. 13 Jul 1724, Semlin, Pinczyn2.
Children of CHRISTOPH REMUS and EVA REMUS are:
ii. ELISABETH REMUS, b. 14 Nov 1726, Pisienica, Pinczyn, Kreis Preuss Stargard, West Prussia.
2. iii. JACOB REMUS, b. 03 Jun 1731, Pisienica, Pinczyn, Kreis Preuss Stargard, West Prussia.
iv. MARTIN REMUS, b. 1733, Zblewo, Kreis Preuss Stargard, West Prussia.
v. ANNA REMUS, b. 15 May 1736, Semlin, Pinczyn, Kreis Preuss Stargard, West Prussia.
1. Pinczyn Chruchbook for 1730 p 41.
2. Pinczyn Chruchbook for 1722 p12.
3. Pinczyn Chruchbook for 1736 p62.
It is uncertain what happened to these Remus family members except Jacob Remus who moved on toPogotky. Go to Pogotky for more details on this family.
Pinczyn is located near a fine village on good soil. It is not clear if the village was based on amanorial farm or not. My guess is that this was a manorial village and the Remus family worked on the manorial farm. Here is a picture of the buildings:
The residents attended village church that was one of prettiest that I have seen. It was rebuilt in the 19th century but the font, alter, pulpit, and many other items in the church date back to the earlier wooden church that is depicted in the following picture on the ceiling of the church:
Here are pictures of the lovely current church:
Here are two pictures old images carried in religious processions. This is the first church in which I have noticed them:
Click here to go to other villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
September 29, 2010