Prutzenwalde in southern Kreis Schlochau contains a lovely old Lutheran church converted to a Catholic Church. When Lutheran, this church servedWusters, a village associated with the Remus family of Schwente. The old cemetery still contains the remains of those in Wusters.
Here is a map of Prutzenwalde and area in 1850:
(Click the map to blow it up)
Please send any information and queries to Bill Remus at
August 9, 2004