Mirchau (Mirachowo), Kreis Karthaus, Pommern
The area surrounding the town of Neustadt (Wejherowo) was also a source of many Remus family records. These Remus family members migrated to MI and the village of Remus, MI was named after them. For a while several of the family members lived in Wilhelmshuld (Kolonia) and attended church here in Mirchau (Mirachowo). The complete set of Remus family records can be found on the Bohlschau webpage.
Mirchau (Mirachowo) based on amanorial farm with a lovely manor house at the center of the village. Here is a picture of the manor house:
The village also has a Lutheran church built circa 1860 (now Catholic) on the site of an older church:
There is also a Catholic Chapel. Here are pictures:
Click here to go to other villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
August 11, 2010