Gross Byslaw (Byslaw), Kreis Tuchel, West Prussia
Gross Byslaw had the Lutheran and Catholic churches that served many nearby villages like those that in which the Remus family lived (Minikowo and Teolog) and villages like Byslawek. Here are pictures of the village and church (built in 1880 to replace an earlier wooden church):
Tony Bakkaiser1@tiscali.co.uk whose family is also from this area provided the following lovely picture of the old baptismal font in the church (this font was from the earlier Gross Byslaw church):
And here is a 1914 map of the area including Gross Byslaw:
(Click the map to blow it up)
Click here to go to other West Prussia Villages.
Please send any information and queries to Bill Remus at
April 26, 2006