Kensau is a manorial village in Kreis Tuchel. In the early 1800's a large part of the Remus family was moving from Kries Flatow and Kries Schlochau to Kreis Tuchel. Kensau and Gross Mangemuhle had important concentrations of family members; Jehlenz was the local Catholic Church where their baptisms and marriages were recorded. As the Remus family moved east, the first appearance of a Remus family was in this village in 1818 when Andreas Remus and Marie Zaremba appeared. Click here for their descendents. This family later moved on the Plazowo, Byslaw, Teolog, Byslawek, Summin and other villages in the area.
Here is a view of the manor house and the manorial barns in the village:
Here is a map showing this village and the area:
Click here to go to other West Prussia Villages.
Please send any queries to Bill Remus at
September 17, 2006